- Sometimes I get the anchovies with capers. and I use half the can
- 1 26 oz can of chopped tomatoes (do not Drain)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15 black olives
- 2 tsp of capers
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS parsley
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
To make a delicious puttanesca sauce, start by slowly heating the oil, the crushed garlic in a non-stick deep pan. After about 5 minutes, add the anchovy fillets, if using, and cook until they melt.
Stir in the capers and the olives, and cook at a medium heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the canned tomato, raise the heat and bring to boil. Lower the heat as soon as the sauce starts to bubble, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. add Parsley and Salt to taste.